Yolanda Be Cool "We No Speak Americano"

The sound of Roskilde 2010. Not because the band played on any stage but because the track was all over the camping area.

The track in mention:


It took me a while to figure it out but "Yolanda Be Cool" obviously is a reference to Pulp Fiction. The final scene in the restaurant;

Jules: Now Yolanda, we're not gonna do anything stupid, are we?
Yolanda: You don't hurt him.
Jules: Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on Yolanda what's Fonzie like?
Yolanda: Cool?
Jules: What?
Yolanda: He's cool.
Jules: Correctamundo. And that's what we're gonna be. We're gonna be cool. Now Ringo, I'm gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your gun, and sit your ass down. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
[Ringo sits down opposite Jules]
Yolanda: All right, now you let him go.
Jules: Yolanda, I thought you said you were gonna be cool. Now when you yell at me, it makes me nervous. And when I get nervous, I get scared. And when motherfuckers get scared, that's when motherfuckers accidentally get shot.
Yolanda: You just know, you touch him, you die.
Jules: Well, that seems to be the situation. But I don't want that. And you don't want that. And Ringo here *definitely* doesn't want that.

The restaurant scene in full:

Comments

  1. haha ja, hasin sangurin var allastaðni... Rættiliga catchy :p

    og navnið á bólkinum er virðiligt - ein Pulp Fiction referensa er altíð badass.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment